9 Nov 2016 - Less than a week left of the Fall Pitch! Please apply for new talents and achievements soon! See here for details!

2 Oct 2016 - Episode 1 for Season 1 is live! See here!

24 Sep 2016 - Season 1 is announced! Coming October 1st! See here!

15 Aug 2016 - New changes to Providence! See here!

Y
ou don't know how you arrived here. What you remember of your past is foggy at best. All you know for certain now, is that you were chosen for a journey you didn't ask for. You arrive in Providence in a ruined keep on a hill. Here, you discover a single token of help: a Ring of Power. It calls to you, and brings out a power and potential you may not have known you ever had. There is an unknown force that threatens to consume this world. You have been tasked by a mysterious entity, only known as the 'Benefactor', to stop this force of destruction. But how you go about that is very much up to you.

Providence RP is a "people-with-powers" roleplay that focuses on exploring a chaotic world and making the unknown known. It is a world of imagination and strength of will, where belief and expectation play a major role in shaping reality itself.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Character Powers/Creation Megathread
Amemarteau
 Posted: Apr 22 2016, 04:56 PM

played by Me
246 posts
> 1 years old
OOC account
Amemarteau
Admin • Executive Producer

Hey folks. With a lot of you coming on at the start, and with the site very much in its infancy I realize you may have a lot of questions about how to write or explain your powers on this site. Or just how stuff works in general relating to your characters.

I can't be in the cbox all the time, so if you have a question (or a huge list of them) please feel free to ask away in this thread and I will try to reply to all of them in bulk when I have the time.

Thanks guys!
PMEmail
^
Rakutsu Hayasa
 Posted: Apr 30 2016, 08:59 PM

played by Chris
36 posts
years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Rakutsu Hayasa
Inactive •

Ok. I have my theme called Ryū Tamashī: Kasai (dragon soul: fire). The ring bearer gets a soul of a dragon. This dragon in looking for is a fire dragon. Now what I need help with is the three starting talents. I was looking to see if they can be a enchanted physical condition(strength, speed, durability, stamina), and fire manipulation.
PM
^
Amemarteau
 Posted: Apr 30 2016, 09:16 PM

played by Me
246 posts
> 1 years old
OOC account
Amemarteau

Oh man I’m excited someone asked about physical condition! The rules to this are somewhat buried in the FAQ (Fortunately Answerable Questions), but I will elaborate:

Enhanced physical condition (basically all elements you pointed out) are not allowed. This is because you will already get those as part of your Psyche stat! So the higher your Psyche, the stronger you get in all those aspects. The trade-off is that you may not ‘double-dip’ on enhanced physical abilities.

However, you are allowed to have temporary boosts, such as limited transformation mode or some other ability like this. So if you want, you could have your character turn ‘draconic’ for a brief period of time, where he is stronger and faster. But keep in mind it should be limited somehow and not something your character can use willy nilly.

Next, fire manipulation sounds more like a general theme than a specific talent. Talents should be something that has one specific effect or result to it. So like, a fire breath makes a good talent because it does one single thing: let you breathe fire. Making fires larger/smaller and moving around would be another talent, since it has one specific element to it.

Keep in mind these are all just examples, and that you will have plenty opportunity to get more talents. Don’t feel like you need to cover all the basics with your character just yet!
PMEmail
^
Rakutsu Hayasa
 Posted: Apr 30 2016, 09:24 PM

played by Chris
36 posts
years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Rakutsu Hayasa
Inactive •

Well the dragon theme is more elemental dragon which is why I added the fire at the end of the theme name. Why I pointed out fire manipluation is that is what some talents can be based around with a little of dragon like dragon claws or wings or just turning into a dragon?
PM
^
Amemarteau
 Posted: Apr 30 2016, 09:30 PM

played by Me
246 posts
> 1 years old
OOC account
Amemarteau

Yes that would be okay. You could have a bit of both throughout your talents.
PMEmail
^
Rakutsu Hayasa
 Posted: Apr 30 2016, 09:35 PM

played by Chris
36 posts
years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Rakutsu Hayasa
Inactive •

So would combining fire with physical combat or talking to dragons be a talent?
PM
^
Bloodright
 Posted: May 1 2016, 03:36 AM

played by -
62 posts
26 years old
OOC account
Bloodright
Members •

Being able to talk to Dragons would..probably not need to be a talent. It wouldn't come up enough to be relevant. Combining fire would absolutely be a talent.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
tim3hopp3r
 Posted: May 1 2016, 07:35 AM

played by naughtysquid
63 posts
23 years old
OOC account
tim3hopp3r
Circle-Leader • naughty squidkid

So, thinking about introducing another character, but I'm a little curious about an age type of thing. Say this character is an elf... and would theoretically have been around a lot longer than the average person. In the age portion of the profile, would I put their age in actual years, or instead what the equivalent would be? Or would something like this just plain ol' not be allowed?
PM
^
Tamafry
 Posted: May 1 2016, 07:59 AM

played by triple H
151 posts
22 years old
OOC account
Tamafry
Admin • #advanced-plotter

This should be fine, despite elves being long-lived. http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr117/naminote/soft/12.gif

It's marked as 'Apparent age', which is also their mental age. Including figures like human - elf year conversion (like they look twenty but they're actually 200) isn't necessary unless you feel the need to add it in.
PMEmailGTalk
^
tim3hopp3r
 Posted: May 1 2016, 06:00 PM

played by naughtysquid
63 posts
23 years old
OOC account
tim3hopp3r
Circle-Leader • naughty squidkid

Great, thank you!
PM
^
EternallySleepy
 Posted: Aug 28 2016, 08:59 PM

played by Sleepy
6 posts
16 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
EternallySleepy
Members • A Demon Loli

Hello people of Providence, i'm currently working on a character shes bears a demon ring, not the same as the bloodsmith but like it. She uses blue pyromancy and i'm having troubles to see if it would be allowed. I personally dislike breaking rules but anyways to the point.

1.) My character is a loli and is 16 and she can pull out(or something along the lines) a heavy great sword, would that be allowed? While I know what to do if it isn't allowed. (like breaking the sword in 1/3)

I'm gonna try to get her out by tommorow and If anyone could answer it, it would be a nice help and thank you~!.

This post has been edited by EternallySleepy: Aug 28 2016, 09:05 PM
PM
^
Amemarteau
 Posted: Aug 28 2016, 09:11 PM

played by Me
246 posts
> 1 years old
OOC account
Amemarteau

Wielding a huge sword (for a power) is totally okay!
Being 16 years old is well within the age parameter.
As for loli, if you mean lolita (fashion) then yes that's fine!

If you mean lolicon then...well, less fine. Though if she's 16 I assume not this one... http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr117/naminote/soft/1.gif
PMEmail
^
EternallySleepy
 Posted: Aug 28 2016, 09:43 PM

played by Sleepy
6 posts
16 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
EternallySleepy
Members • A Demon Loli

As in lolicon, my character is shown in my avatar but I can't really tell if shes a lolicon. Confusing stuff. Very sorry if she isn't im not the best at describing animanga characters~!
PM
^
Amemarteau
 Posted: Aug 28 2016, 10:00 PM

played by Me
246 posts
> 1 years old
OOC account
Amemarteau

No worries then. From your avatar she looks just fine!
PMEmail
^
Skarmander
 Posted: Aug 29 2016, 02:55 AM

played by
9 posts
Twenty-Three years old
OOC account
Skarmander
Members •

So this may be a long shot from being accepted, but I was thinking of creating a mechanized soldier, whose life was given by it's creator. I thinking of it giving it the ability to transmutate it's limbs to weapons such as shotguns and machine guns? How viable is that?
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
skin by bonbon for providence only. Edits by Spook & Tamafry