9 Nov 2016 - Less than a week left of the Fall Pitch! Please apply for new talents and achievements soon! See here for details!

2 Oct 2016 - Episode 1 for Season 1 is live! See here!

24 Sep 2016 - Season 1 is announced! Coming October 1st! See here!

15 Aug 2016 - New changes to Providence! See here!

Y
ou don't know how you arrived here. What you remember of your past is foggy at best. All you know for certain now, is that you were chosen for a journey you didn't ask for. You arrive in Providence in a ruined keep on a hill. Here, you discover a single token of help: a Ring of Power. It calls to you, and brings out a power and potential you may not have known you ever had. There is an unknown force that threatens to consume this world. You have been tasked by a mysterious entity, only known as the 'Benefactor', to stop this force of destruction. But how you go about that is very much up to you.

Providence RP is a "people-with-powers" roleplay that focuses on exploring a chaotic world and making the unknown known. It is a world of imagination and strength of will, where belief and expectation play a major role in shaping reality itself.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Troublesome Tenants, A Hunters of the Dark Mission
Taurus Versant
 Posted: Oct 14 2016, 06:29 AM

played by
41 posts
?? years old
OOC account
Taurus Versant
Circle-Leader • Writer/Streamer

There had been mentions, now and again, of monsters in Providence. Not the kind of beasts that tear down houses and take lives, nor the insidious that snatch the innocent from their beds in the night. No, these creatures were quiet, fearful, surviving in isolation. Yet they were here nonetheless.

And a cornered beast is a beast most dangerous.

Monsters were the domain of the Hunters of the Dark, that was what Ryan Teksa had intended when founding the Circle. That meant monsters in Providence too, they were the responsibility of the Hunters. So if there were monsters, the Hunters must investigate and, if necessary, dispose. That was simply how it should be.

Atash, Syl, and Cordevo had been tasked by Ryan to investigate a sector of Providence that consisted of mostly abandoned buildings. Sure some were occupied, but they were fewer than those completely empty. The most reports of unusual activity had come from this place, and so that was the best place to begin.

Their own discretion was being trusted here, Ryan had explicitly told them to go by their own judgement calls in how to handle each individual case, the most important thing was to simply ensure no-one was hurt.

It was mid-morning at the time the three would gather, a row of houses, most empty, stretching out before them. The mission begins...

This post has been edited by Taurus Versant: Oct 25 2016, 03:05 AM

--------------------
Ask me about my Writing and/or Streaming!
PMWebsite
^
Cordevo
 Posted: Oct 15 2016, 07:03 AM

played by South
63 posts
years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Cordevo
Characters • The Gray Rainbow

Cordevo had been stationed by Ryan to investigate a sector inside Providence, it seemed unnecessary but he didn't mind. They were the Hunters of the Dark, sort of like a glorified security to be honest. However his mind wasn't on the mission, but his failure in the fallen keep. This was to make up for that.

He looked around, he was standing at the meeting point, just in front of the line of houses that needed to be searched. He was supposed to be working with other people this time, actually organized, it was going to be interesting day. Cordevo never really needed to work with others before and wasn't keen on the idea of messing up when there were others to see it, but there was a point when personal feelings had to be shut out for efficiency.

Cordevo leaned against a brick wall, waiting for someone to show up and get things started because he wouldn't be risking the completion of this mission on his own. Now that would be a disaster.
PMEmail
^
Atash
 Posted: Oct 18 2016, 03:14 PM

played by MoralHazard
302 posts
20 years old
C-Rank Leader
Atash
Characters • Essence of Flame

Atash surveyed the row of abandoned houses as she approached, gaze scanning over each, checking for signs of movement and life. There was little to see.

She stopped at the brick will where Cordevo leaned, greeting him with a faint nod. She knew him not, but assumed he was either Cordevo or Syl, one of those that Ryan had sent on this mission along with her. When she had accepted Ryan's request to help him protect the city, she had meant it; it had been no hardship to cancel her shift in the Inn's kitchens this morning and arrive here instead.

Atash wore a pair of long trousers, with a loose blouse tucked in to them, and sandals on her feet. A sword, al-bilanda, dangled from the belt at her waist, and she rested a hand on it as they stood. Her hair was twisted up in an elaborate braid woven around the crown of her head. She waited, ready for the third companion to join them, ready for the challenges that they would face.
PM
^
Syl Lonegan
 Posted: Oct 25 2016, 02:00 AM

played by Ari
12 posts
25 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Syl Lonegan
Characters • Shadow Pirate

Scrambling in the light from the rising sun Syl rushed around trying to get ready for the day. Still adjusting to everything that had happened –waking up in the middle of a shadow beast infested ruin building without any knowledge of your past or present- she had simply over slept. And what a day to oversleep!

Lacing her boots and cocking her hat just right Syl shadow jumped from the window to the road below, then quickly jumping from post to post rushing towards the outskirts of town. She had been told by Ryan to meet up with two other members of the Circle to help clear out and investigate the monsters. Anxious to prove herself to this new group Syl had kept up late and as a result was running late.

Shadow-jumping into the general area Ryan had instructed them to meet up at Syl walked the abandoned streets cautiously. Peering out from under her hat she looked around, a hand on the small switchscythe at her hip. Dressed in the only outfit she owned – a billowy off-white blouse, tight navy blue pants that laced up the side up to her high thigh, and a fitted short trench vest overtop everything. She looked every bit a fantasy pirate.

After wandering around for a few minutes she spotted two figures leaning against a wall. Removing her hat and offering a short bow the young lady offered up an apologetic smile. “So sorry I be late, I be still adjustin' to 'tis whole... schedule thin'. Anyone be knowin' any other information on 'tis place?

[[[ So sorry for the huge delay everyone. Between moving to a new place beginning of the month, unpacking, then a family death and work picking up I've been busy and exhausted. However I am here and committed. It should not take me more than 24-48 hours now from here on out to post back ]]]
PM
^
Taurus Versant
 Posted: Oct 25 2016, 03:20 AM

played by
41 posts
?? years old
OOC account
Taurus Versant

The trio would need to make their introductions to one another quickly, if they were to case all the houses within this area before the end of the day. From the crossroads they would meet at a lane stretched down to another, five houses in the sun, five in the shade of Providence's wall before that point. Some were boarded up, some mostly wreckage, two showed some sign of still being lived in. For the many buildings in Providence, especially at its outer reaches, the people were far less. It was no wonder that the unknown could make its home here.

It was up to the three to work together and decide how to go forward, Ryan's request had been simply to investigate this area for signs of monsters within Providence and deal with such threats appropriately. Looking down the lane, on the left the first house in the sun was boarded up, though one of the boards on the top floor was broken, leaving a hole to its interior. The first on the right, in the shade, was mostly slumped over, the door and front wall partially demolished. Beyond that they would need to investigate further.

Atop a post set behind them, a resting crow cawed, then made a coughing sound before flying off.

For the sake of conversation and interaction, mark your post with the Ring Icon when ready for the next Mission Update. When all three of you have marked such, I will post again. That way I will know not to intervene when the three of you are in conversation.

PMWebsite
^
Cordevo
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 09:37 AM

played by South
63 posts
years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Cordevo

The third one had arrived at last. He waited for another moment before dusting off the brick dust on his jacket. Pulling down the zipper and concealing his thin frame. Not quite sure what to do he looked at the options. They could've started the mission right off the bat, which is what Cordevo preferred to do, or, he could start with an introduction? He sighed, already cursing the day. He disliked being social. It wasn't his strong suit.

"Well it's what we don't know that we're investigating. So for me, that will be everything." He said humorlessly.
"Glad that everyone is here, roughly on time." Cordevo resisted the urge to stare at the newcomer. "As I'm sure you know, Ryan assigned us to inspect this sector of Providence for anything dangerous essentially, and deal with any found creatures in any matter we so choose. If I remember correctly." Cordevo sighed once more, he needed to pay more attention to Ryan's speeches, sometimes it actually might be useful.

"Putting that aside for a moment, what do you say about introductions?" He meant it more as an statement instead of a suggestion. "My name is Cordevo, feel free to create a nickname if you are so inclined." He stopped there, waiting for a response from the others.

This post has been edited by Cordevo: Oct 30 2016, 09:38 AM
PMEmail
^
Atash
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 06:12 PM

played by MoralHazard
302 posts
20 years old
C-Rank Leader
Atash

Atash inclined her head to the woman who had bowed, and turned to Cordevo when he spoke. She saw little to add to his comments, and inclined her head once more when he introduced himself.

"I am called Atash," Atash replied, and turned to look at the street, eyes sweeping between the first two houses. One open, one closed. Were she in search of shelter, she would choose the boarded up building; it was closed from the elements and from those who might seek to harm her both.

This post has been edited by Atash: Nov 3 2016, 03:38 PM
PM
^
Syl Lonegan
 Posted: Nov 3 2016, 01:27 PM

played by Ari
12 posts
25 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Syl Lonegan
Characters • Shadow Pirate

“And I’m Syl, it’s a pleasure to meet you both.” the woman summed up, bringing up the rear in the name exchange, Syl nodded her respects to the both of them as each said their name. Committed to not messing up as much as possible Syl branded each name in her mind and prayed she wouldn’t forget the names at a critical time. “I’ll be lookin’ at ye leads on today’s trip. I’ve only been here in this Providence fer a few weeks ‘n I’m still not quite sure how ‘tis all works out. I don’t know about ye two, but I specialize in jumping in and out of shadows. Bit like water – no matter how small the leak th’ water always gets through.”

Making sure her hat was secure back on top of her wavy brown hair Syl followed Atash towards one of the buildings. She was excited, but nervous. Her only experience so far with these beasts had been where she’d woken up in the Ruins and the pirate was uneasy with any kind of magic that didn’t have an obvious trace. Everyone had a ring, and it was the ring that granted abilities, so that was easy enough to understand. But these monsters that could and would appear out of nowhere? It was daunting to the superstitious.

“So how do we know there’ll be beasties here? Does the Circle ‘ave a way of tracking them?” Syl knew she’d feel more comfortable in knowing more about how this place worked.

[[I thought I was tracking this topic to get email notifications.... whelp... I do now!]]

This post has been edited by Syl Lonegan: Nov 3 2016, 01:28 PM
PM
^
Atash
 Posted: Nov 3 2016, 03:39 PM

played by MoralHazard
302 posts
20 years old
C-Rank Leader
Atash

It was Atash who took on the task of answering Syl this time.

"There have been reports," she explained.

And yet - the woman's suggestion of sharing their powers was a good one. It was best to know each other's capabilities, as trouble would surely come. "I summon flame," she said, simply, and turned to Cordevo, waiting for this part of his introduction.

This post has been edited by Atash: Nov 3 2016, 03:40 PM
PM
^
Cordevo
 Posted: Nov 3 2016, 10:08 PM

played by South
63 posts
years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Cordevo

'Hm... shadow jumping, should be useful.' Cordevo thought. His eyes flickered to Atash for a moment, '-and a fire manipulator.' After both ladies have given their abilities, and the group was covered in silence, Cordevo knew that he was up next. However he wasn't just about to give the natural of his powers away that easily. "My ability allows for me to give shape to light." When he thought more on his response he wasn't completely wrong.

He waited for a moment stuck in thought. Weighing which question he wanted to answer first, in the mean time Atash had already given an answer to the first question so it would seem he'd be taking on the second. Irrational anger built inside him. 'I swear, emotions are such a bother.' He inhaled deeply, relaxing. "Like Atash said, there had been reports and as for ways to track them. That would be us." He looked around, scanning the area. "Just a quick reminder, we are looking for any monsters within this sector. So what do you two say about splitting up and checking three houses at a time?"

This post has been edited by Cordevo: Nov 10 2016, 08:46 PM
PMEmail
^
Atash
 Posted: Nov 14 2016, 04:45 AM

played by MoralHazard
302 posts
20 years old
C-Rank Leader
Atash

"I think it best to stay together." Atash looked from Cordevo to Syl, then back to Cordevo, raising an eyebrow. "We know not what dangers we may face here, nor their strength."
PM
^
Cordevo
 Posted: Nov 14 2016, 02:42 PM

played by South
63 posts
years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Cordevo

Cordevo was opposed to the idea of going in a group, true, they didn't know what they were facing but if it was going to be any trouble it probably wouldn't be here. Then again, we didn't expect that chimera to be there either that time... He swatted the little blue figure on his shoulder out of existence.

It would seem that he'd have to give it up this time. "Alright, we'll go in a group. What do you say about investigating the abandoned houses first?"
PMEmail
^
Atash
 Posted: Nov 14 2016, 03:42 PM

played by MoralHazard
302 posts
20 years old
C-Rank Leader
Atash

Atash cared little where they started. "Well enough." She said. "Shall we?" She would let him lead, past ready to begin.
PM
^
Cordevo
 Posted: Nov 18 2016, 06:51 AM

played by South
63 posts
years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Cordevo

Cordevo nodded and moved toward the abandoned buildings. He looked down the block of empty houses, and they'd have to check every one of them. Not the most thrilling prospect but it wouldn't be the worst day of his life.

Turning the doorknob ever so slightly Cordevo passed through the first house silently. It was dusty and a bit cluttered but that was to be expected. He really didn't know what to do now, not really, but he guessed that looking from the lowest lowest level of the house to the highest was a pretty good idea of what to do.

He turned to Atash, "I'll look and see if there's stairs, can you check around here first?" Cordevo headed into the room to the left, started his search there. A tiny pink Cordevo sat on the top of his head, enjoying the view. Just remember to tell me if you see anything alright?

This post has been edited by Cordevo: Nov 18 2016, 06:51 AM
PMEmail
^
Taurus Versant
 Posted: Nov 18 2016, 09:13 AM

played by
41 posts
?? years old
OOC account
Taurus Versant

As Cordevo turned the doorknob on the entrance to the first building in the sun, it caught, requiring extra force to push open. Doing so would reveal that the reason had been an old wooden dresser, pressed up against the door. Something had sealed it from within.

Were one to be silent and simply listen, skittering sounds - at a distance but still audible - could be heard near constantly. They increased the further up the stairs one went, while on the ground floor only overturned furniture could be found. Most was damaged by what appeared to be fang marks, though small marks all the same. Something had spent a long time working upon everything this house contained.

At the top floor, what Cordevo would see first was a hallway with more doors along it. One of the doors was missing its bottom half, swung out wildly from its frame. As the floorboards creaked under his footstep, a small shape jumped and raced off, too quickly to be caught sight of, disappearing into the room with the half-broken door. In its wake, black particulate swirled in the air, low to the ground.

If one listened just carefully enough, strange, high-pitched coughing sounds could be heard.

For the sake of conversation and interaction, mark your post with the Ring Icon when ready for the next Mission Update. When all three of you have marked such, I will post again. That way I will know not to intervene when the three of you are in conversation.

PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
skin by bonbon for providence only. Edits by Spook & Tamafry