9 Nov 2016 - Less than a week left of the Fall Pitch! Please apply for new talents and achievements soon! See here for details!

2 Oct 2016 - Episode 1 for Season 1 is live! See here!

24 Sep 2016 - Season 1 is announced! Coming October 1st! See here!

15 Aug 2016 - New changes to Providence! See here!

Y
ou don't know how you arrived here. What you remember of your past is foggy at best. All you know for certain now, is that you were chosen for a journey you didn't ask for. You arrive in Providence in a ruined keep on a hill. Here, you discover a single token of help: a Ring of Power. It calls to you, and brings out a power and potential you may not have known you ever had. There is an unknown force that threatens to consume this world. You have been tasked by a mysterious entity, only known as the 'Benefactor', to stop this force of destruction. But how you go about that is very much up to you.

Providence RP is a "people-with-powers" roleplay that focuses on exploring a chaotic world and making the unknown known. It is a world of imagination and strength of will, where belief and expectation play a major role in shaping reality itself.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A good day for C*stco
Tsukasa
OPEN Posted: Nov 10 2016, 04:55 AM

played by Akemi
326 posts
18 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Tsukasa
Characters • --

Tsukasa was having a decent day so far. He had woken up at eight in the morning, pleased that he had gotten the opportunity to sleep in. It was the perfect start to his day off, a day which he would spend doing his chores.

Or his chore, to be more accurate. Tsukasa's chores never built up because he was a responsible human being who cleaned as things got dirty, and did the work as it work appeared. All he had to do today was go grocery shopping - something that he dreaded a little bit every week.

The thing was, well .... He found cooking difficult. He found living alone difficult, but not as much as cooking. Trying to think ahead with portions was a daunting task, and the edibles produced from his attempts at cooking were hardly something to look at. Even the crumpled note in his pocket with a list of what he had to get was unhelpful, mostly because the list only knew as much as its writer did - which, was not a lot.

He walked into the local C*stco with a cart too large and a list too small. The place was huge with rows and rows of product, and he hardly knew his way around it. Still, it was bound to have everything he was looking for, and maybe some things would catch his eye and remind him of an ingredient he needed.

He could only hope.
PM
^
Ela
 Posted: Nov 10 2016, 05:03 AM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela
Characters • Too Much Red

Today was a fine day for grocery shopping. Perfect, in fact, because Ela had just discovered a grocery store in town. He didn't even know there was one until now. Which meant that now, upon its discovery, was the perfect time to check it out. Even though he didn't really need anything at the moment. Maybe he could pick something up for Jean to cook...

Ela strode along the aisles, looking for... nothing in particular. Something that looked tasty, he guessed. And maybe some chips. Or nachos. Yeah, that sounded good. He hadn't had nachos since... before he died, probably.

It was while he was lost in this thought that he caught sight of something familiar. A certain style of dress, turning the corner. Ela's face immediately brightened, and he jogged after the person in the clothes he could have sworn he saw.

"Heeeeey! Tsukasa!"
PM
^
Tsukasa
 Posted: Nov 11 2016, 09:56 PM

played by Akemi
326 posts
18 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Tsukasa
Characters • --

Tsukasa's head snapped up at the mention of his name, eyes squinting over to a violent shade of red coming closer to him. For some reason he wasn't surprised that there was a foreigner here - in fact, it was normal to him. What wasn't normal though, was that he had no idea who the boy was. His lips tugged down to a frown, wondering why he was being addressed so casually.

"Who are you?" He asked, sounding not all that pleased. A baby chick poked his head out from his sleeve and cheeped. He hushed it.
PM
^
Ela
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 04:10 AM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela

Ela gave Tsukasa a very, very scrutinizing look. Brows furrowed and everything. But he was, as usual, quick to lighten up. He grinned and playfully nudged his friend. "Ha, ha. Very funny," he said. "Seriously, Tsukasa, quit joking around. You looking for something? Maybe I can help you find it."

He smiled down at Bird peeking out of Tsukasa's clothes and waggled his fingers at him. Like waving to a shy child. "Food for your chick, maybe? I can definitely find that."
PM
^
Tsukasa
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 06:35 AM

played by Akemi
326 posts
18 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Tsukasa
Characters • --

Tsukasa clicked his tongue, his distaste out in the open for everybody to see as he side stepped to maintain distance between himself and this rude man. "I don't joke." It was true - he didn't. He moved his sleeve away from Ela - his darling Kichisaburō only deserved the best people around him, and this man was not part of it. At all.

He took out his phone (a S*msung 9SS) to look at the time, and his frown got deeper. "I don't know who you are. Now if you'll excuse us." He sniffed as he maneuvered his cart around Ela, whispering sweet nothings to Kichisaburō.
PM
^
Ela
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 06:52 AM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela

Ela frowned. It was true, Tsukasa had all the humour of a wet paper towel. So something was up here. He couldn't have really forgotten... could he?

Ela followed after Tsukasa. "Okay, wait wait wait." He moved in front of his friend and held his hands up in a gesture of apology. "Sorry. I didn't mean anything by that. Just, uh... Just wanted to help you out, y'know?" Suddenly, Ela felt very unsure of himself. Like... maybe he was the one in the wrong here. He knew Tsukasa, but Tsukasa didn't know him. Was this a dream? No, it couldn't be. It was just a regular old day at the local C*stco. Right?
PM
^
Tsukasa
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 05:30 PM

played by Akemi
326 posts
18 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Tsukasa
Characters • --

"Help me out." The disbelief was clear in his mind as he stopped in his tracks, looking Ela up and down in scrutiny. "Does it look like I need help?" He regretted asking that question, since the answer was a probable 'yes'.

Despite his attitude, he stayed in place. "Well, how exactly are you going to help me out then." He demanded. He just wanted to see what the redhead had to offer, that was it. Yes.

PM
^
Ela
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 08:43 PM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela

Ela eyes Tsukasa warily, unsure if he should be honest here. Tsukasa didn't seem to be in a good mood. In the end, he decided that honesty was the best policy. "Well, yeah. You're kinda just wandering around aimlessly. Figured I could at least get you to what you're lookin' for."

Truth be told, though, he wasn't quite sure how he could do that. This was his first time in this C*stco. But it couldn't be that hard, right?
PM
^
Tsukasa
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 11:47 PM

played by Akemi
326 posts
18 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Tsukasa
Characters • --

Tsukasa huffed and glared at Ela, as if the other man had awfully offended him. But he couldn't say anything about it, mostly because he knew that Ela had a point.

"Whatever. I have a list." He snapped, digging into his sleeve and pulling out a.... small, baby chick, that held a piece of shredded paper in its beak.

"Kichisaburo." He hissed quietly, not wanting to let slip to the foreigner that his pet was insubordinate. He couldn't even look all that angry anyway, as Kichisaburo was far too adorable. He looked at Ela, hoping that all of that had gone unnoticed.
PM
^
Ela
 Posted: Nov 14 2016, 01:47 AM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela

"Awww." Ela leaned over, hands on his knees, to get a better look a tthe bird, which was apparently named Kichisaburo. "He's the little Keeper of the List, then?" he joked, putting on his best customer-service voice, which he didn't know he had. In any case, the list was unreadable now, for the most part, so there wasn't much point in bothering to take it. "Well, do you remember what was on the list? We could probably just wander around until we figure out what you want, too. I think I was gonna buy something too but I didn't have a list so I have no idea what I came in here for."
PM
^
Tsukasa
 Posted: Nov 14 2016, 07:57 AM

played by Akemi
326 posts
18 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Tsukasa
Characters • --

Tsukasa scoffed as he moved his sleeve a few inches away from Ela, not wanting his baby to come into contact with what was obviously a bad influence. He didn't look as unimpressed as he could've though, apparently appreciating the fact that Ela thought that Kichisaburo was adorable, as well. At least the man didn't have completely terrible tastes.

He squinted at the list as he tried to figure out what it said, reading some of the barely decipherable scribble. "I was getting ingredients for Koyadofu cooked with egg." He said unhelpfully. He didn't remember what ingredients he needed, and it was something that was completely new to him as well. "I need tofu. And eggs." He tried, though the uncertainty was clear in his voice.
PM
^
Ela
 Posted: Nov 14 2016, 06:56 PM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela

For a moment, Ela just stared at Tsukasa, face totally blank except for the smile on his lips. "I have no idea what that is." But that wasn't about to stop him from helping out! He liked eggs, so he figured that was probably enough to mean that whatever this dish was, it was probably good. He cast a quick glance down at Tsukasa's sleeve, where Kich...Kitchen...Kitty... the chicken was probably hiding.

"Dude, you think that's cool? I mean, you've got a pet chick in your sleeve, aren't you worried you're gonna freak him out or something?" He kept his voice low so as not to scare the chick, even though Ela wasn't sure it would even be able to understand him.
PM
^
Owen Mohren
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 01:50 AM

played by Butt Claps
555 posts
19 years old
C-Rank Leader
Owen Mohren
Characters • Professional Stalker

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

It was a day at C*stco. Owen liked going to C*stco because it wasn't all about just the whole sale, but the fact that their security and checks consists of some old lady by the door not giving a rat's ass and marking off the receipt and calling it a day, and he already knew how to flunk the shoplift prevention scanners by the exit. Today, Owen wanted to just scout and see what sort of things he could get for later, and maybe do a few five finger discounts on a box of cookies or something.

The young man sported a trendy jacket with a hoodie underneath, wore the hood over his head since he enjoyed a little private shade for himself, a pair of good flexible jeans that not only looked good, but could probably be alright for running with, and of course: A pair of sweet running shoes. He pulled out his S*nnheiser headphones and let it hang around his neck as he entered the building behind two old ladies without a membership; pretending to be their son and sticking close with them, before parting ways towards the areas he needed to get to.

He sped walked through the aisles scanning and mentally noting what things he should target the next time he visits this place again prepared, and things he should consider...that is until, he spotted two familiar figures in the distance. He squinted a bit and lifted a gloved hand to push up his glasses before confirming: Maybe he was just seeing things. He didn't recognize any of these kids at all, and yet there's something he couldn't quite put his finger on. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and moved on a bit closer to them just to curb his curiosity - until he spotted a box of cheap pastries on the side that made him reach out and immediately stuff under his jacket.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

PM
^
Tsukasa
 Posted: Nov 16 2016, 07:46 PM

played by Akemi
326 posts
18 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Tsukasa
Characters • --

Tsukasa stared blankly back at Ela, a look of disbelief appearing just seconds after. "Why would it be?" He didn't know what Kichisaburo's sex was. "The strong eat the weak." He said off handedly, as if it wasn't even worth his consideration - a muffled peep was heard from within his sleeve, and it may have sounded scared if a peep could sound like that.

From the corner of his eyes he spotted a man walking towards th em and stop, which made his attention shift over to him - just in time to see him stuffing a box into his jacket.

Tsukasa thought nothing of it - the man was probably just holding it inside his hoodie. As privileged as Tsukasa was, he didn't understand that Owen could be stealing something. Instead, he unlocked his phone and did a little search on B*ng (clearly the superior search engine.).

"It's this," He said and shoved the phone in Ela's face.
[/QUOTE]
PM
^
Ela
 Posted: Nov 17 2016, 12:09 AM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela

"It's okay, buddy. I'm on your side." Although Ela was talking to Kitchensbuddy, he didn't make any move to indicate that, so it might have appeared that he was agreeing with Tsukasa in this case. His attention from that matter was quickly diverted, however, when Tsukasa showed off his phone. Ela squinted at the words and pictures on the screen.

"That looks..." Disgusting. "Gnarly." He scrunched his nose up and backed away from the phone. He crossed his arms. "Hey, wait a second. Where did you get that?" he asked, pointing to the phone itself now. He shouldn't have something like that! It was so expensive! Not to mention it just straight up didn't make sense to Ela. He'd never seen a model like that before! "Is that new?"

He noticed Tsukasa looking off to the side, so Ela turned around and caught sight of someone else. He had no idea who it was. But the way he shoved something under his clothes... there was no mistaking it. Ela's eyes narrowed. "Hey, dude. You know you can't do that right?"

This post has been edited by Ela: Nov 17 2016, 12:10 AM
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
skin by bonbon for providence only. Edits by Spook & Tamafry