9 Nov 2016 - Less than a week left of the Fall Pitch! Please apply for new talents and achievements soon! See here for details!

2 Oct 2016 - Episode 1 for Season 1 is live! See here!

24 Sep 2016 - Season 1 is announced! Coming October 1st! See here!

15 Aug 2016 - New changes to Providence! See here!

Y
ou don't know how you arrived here. What you remember of your past is foggy at best. All you know for certain now, is that you were chosen for a journey you didn't ask for. You arrive in Providence in a ruined keep on a hill. Here, you discover a single token of help: a Ring of Power. It calls to you, and brings out a power and potential you may not have known you ever had. There is an unknown force that threatens to consume this world. You have been tasked by a mysterious entity, only known as the 'Benefactor', to stop this force of destruction. But how you go about that is very much up to you.

Providence RP is a "people-with-powers" roleplay that focuses on exploring a chaotic world and making the unknown known. It is a world of imagination and strength of will, where belief and expectation play a major role in shaping reality itself.

Add Reply
New Poll

Easy Speaking
Ela
OPEN Posted: Dec 2 2016, 05:36 AM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela
Characters • Too Much Red

The books had been deposited in Valma's room as planned. Ela knew he really should have been getting back to the library, but she had asked him to come to the pub to answer some more questions... and he was nothing if not a blabbermouth. So here they were, weaving their way through the patrons and finding themselves a vacant table. It was a bit of a challenge; the pub was quite crowded today. Some faces were familiar, some were not. In any case, they had finally found table, and Ela gratefully pulled up a chair and sat down.

He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table and tenting his fingers in front of him. If it hadn't been for the grin on his face, he probably would have looked a lot more serious than the situation called for. "So," he started, "What else did you wanna know? I'm an open book." Mostly.
PM
^
Valma
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 01:50 AM

played by LegendofKal
63 posts
21 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Valma
Members • Paradoxical Prodigy

Valma pulled a chair out at the table Ela found, sitting down next to him. A waiter came by, asking if they'd like anything to drink. "Not now, thank you." Valma responded. she didn't want anything, although she didn't know if Ela did. Regardless, the waiter left, tending to other tables as Valma shifted her focus to Ela and his question.

At first, she was recapping everything in her mind, so she could figure out which question to ask first. The Benefactor was in a feud with Chaos, he "called" on other people to fight for him because he couldn't make his own warriors, their memories were wiped likely because of it, and the world could shape to whatever someone pleased, so long as they were outside the town. And lastly, there was no current known method of escape to their home worlds, although Valma had an idea about that last one.

She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath, and preparing herself for whatever Ela's answers would be. "Alright..." she opened her eyes, blinking twice before asking, "So, Chaos, whatever it is...The Benefactor is binding him here?" she couldn't quite remember if Ela mentioned it before or from Ryan's info-dump, but clarification was always good. "Is that why 'Big Ben', as you called him, has to use us?"
PMEmail
^
Ela
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 03:14 AM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela

Ela had opened his mouth to order himself a drink, but the server had left before he had a chance to. He frowned but didn't call the server back, and settled back into his seat. "Thought you said you wanted to get something to drink?"

He let it go for now, though. He'd just wave someone down next time they came by. Ela and Valma were really here for more than drinks, after all. "Mhm. Something like that," he said. "Pretty sure he said he doesn't actually know how to beat Chaos, or that he can't, maybe, so he needs us to do it. Since he doesn't have any power aside from bringing us here and keeping this world going, I think." Ela couldn't remember how long it had been since that day beneath the Keep — since he and some others had met the Benefactor. He had been completely exhausted and quite hurt at the time, too, so a lot of what had transpired after the escape from the well was a blur. But he was doing the best he could to recall.
PM
^
Valma
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 10:16 PM

played by LegendofKal
63 posts
21 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Valma

Valma blinked before responding. "Maybe later."

Well, his response to her question sort of made sense. Everyone had their limits, after all. And maybe the Benefactor really couldn't do anything about Chaos, what with spending all, or most, of his energy summoning them to his world. She figured it was as good of an answer as any.

Alright, next question. "So, if we're being summoned here," dragged, more like, "to defeat Chaos, that must mean people have at least tried to. Do you know anyone who might've come close to that sort of thing?" it was quite genuine, and with her encounter in the mountains on the first day, it was life-threatening just to even take on a minion. At least, she believed that was one of his minions.
PMEmail
^
Ela
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 04:11 AM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela

"Tried to what?" Ela asked. He drummed his fingers against the table and fixed Valma with a confused look. "Fight Chaos, you mean?" He shook his head. Ela didn't really know what to say to that. "I don't even know what Chaos looks like. I doubt most of us do. Maybe the Steward, or Innes, but I dunno if there'd be anyone else who'd've seen Chaos. Ryan likes to fight Chaos's monsters, though, if that helps?" He wasn't sure it would.
PM
^
Valma
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 04:49 AM

played by LegendofKal
63 posts
21 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Valma

Well at least she got something from that. The Steward...she heard of the Steward's Hall, which acted like their government, in a way, but she doubted he'd want, or even bother with seeing someone like her, a rookie and still learning of her abilities and regaining what remnants of her memories she could. Even on the possibility he did accept to seeing her, she'd likely get off with a warning to stay away from that, even though she was combat-capable. Ryan might be on her side if she asked, though would probably end up playing babysitter.

Yet it was a third name that caught her attention and diverted her from the thoughts in her head. "Innes? I haven't heard of them yet." Whoever they were though, they must be quite the fighter, or very knowledgeable in combat, perhaps as a tutor to others. Just the context surrounding this person that escaped Ela's lips suggested someone very, very powerful with their ring abilities.

This post has been edited by Valma: Dec 6 2016, 06:36 AM
PMEmail
^
Ela
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 06:35 AM

played by tim3hopp3r
672 posts
17 years old
C-Rank Leader
Ela

Now this was a subject Ela could actually dish on! His eyes lit up and he grinned like a dog with a bone, leaning forward excitedly. "I'm surprised you haven't seen him yet! Innes is the innkeeper here, and probably the guy that's been around longest. Right after the Steward herself, of course." Ela looked over to the bar to see if he could catch a glimpse of Innes, but it looked like he wasn't around. "Oh, right, duh." Ela tapped his forehead as he recalled something.

"I don't think he's around right now. There's been word of an expedition to the forest — real deep, I hear — and I'm pretty sure Innes was the one heading it. So he won't be around for a while, I'll bet. Actually, I'm probably gonna head out there at some point too. Gather up the circle, see what's up, and go find out what's really going down there firsthand. What I've heard of it so far seems pretty juicy." Ela crossed his arms. He was still wearing his excited grin, but now it was for a different reason. He was making plans. Getting ready for an adventure. Something to break the monotony of everyday life in Providence.
PM
^
Valma
 Posted: Jan 26 2017, 03:30 AM

played by LegendofKal
63 posts
21 years old
D-Rank Neophyte
Valma

An expedition in the woods? Deep into the woods? Valma was recalling her first day here, running from the Keep and into the forest, confused, scared, and on edge, until she met Ryan by complete coincidence. She had no idea what lay further in the vast grove, and a part of her didn't want to, if it was anything like that beast they fought on the mountain. In fact, if she remembered right, that monster came from the forest.

But now she was a little more prepared. The thought of returning still made her tremble, but if she could meet Innes, perhaps he might be able to help her with some questions.

"The Circle?" She knew it was a group of some sort. In the short while she'd been here, talk of various Circles met her ears, so it wasn't hard to determine that each played a different role, or focused on a different aspect of Providence. "Would you mind terribly if...I, came along? I know I'm not part of your group, but there's not many others I know here."
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES
skin by bonbon for providence only. Edits by Spook & Tamafry